Safe Driving Tips
- 1Ensure Proper Vehicle Maintenance: Regular and timely maintenance of the vehicle will ensure that you do not have breakdowns or other trouble while driving. Postponing this could lead to bigger problems.
- 2The Importance of Safety Belts: Wearing a seat belt is the most significant contribution you can make towards reducing the chance of fatality in accidents. If travelling with children, ensure that they are wearing their seat belt correctly.
- 3Drinking and Driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol greatly increases the chance of being involved in an accident. Of all the deaths due to accident, nearly 30% of the deaths were related to drunken driving. Not only is it unsafe and dangerous, driving under the influence of alcohol is a serious driving offence and may lead to cancellation of your driving license.
- 4The Dangers of Cell Phone Use behind the Wheel: Cell phone has become such a big part of people's lives and we do not think twice before using it while driving. Using a cell phone when driving can be dangerous. In fact, accidents caused due to cell phone usage while driving have been on the rise over the past few years. Not only is it unsafe, the use of cell phones while driving is a driving offence.
- 5Driving Safely in Poor Conditions: In case of bad weather, drive slowly and try not to drive too long. Take breaks in between if required. Maintain more than appropriate distance between vehicles to avoid sudden braking. While approaching turns or bends, be extra-cautious.
- 6Long Distance Driving: Always get enough sleep and eat something before you go. Take breaks in between if required. Don't drive if you are feeling sleepy. Plan the route beforehand. Avoid going too fast.