21 Oct, 2016
Mahindra Drives in its New Electric CitySmart Car, the ‘e2oPlus’
- e2oPlus marks Mahindra’s entry into the mass-market electric hatch back segment
- Set to provide a range of up to 140 kms in the top end variant on one single charge
- Price starts at Rs.5.46 lacs (for the P4 variant ex-showroom Delhi, post state subsidy and FAME incentive)
Delhi, October 21, 2016: Mahindra Electric, part of the diversified USD 17.8 billion Mahindra Group and a pioneer in the development and production of electric vehicles in India, today announced the national launch of its new electric CitySmart car, the ‘e2oPlus’. With zero emission, the ‘e2oPlus’ is set to usher in a whole new concept in urban mobility and is priced at an attractive Rs. 5.46 lacs (for the P4 variant ex-showroom Delhi, post state subsidy and FAME incentive).
On a full charge, the Mahindra e2oPlus can travel for upto 140 kms and can achieve a top speed of 85 kmph. Powered by the latest electric drive train technology from Mahindra Electric, the e2oPlus can effortlessly cruise through city traffic and drives Mahindra’s vision of the Future of Mobility. The tall-boy design and spacious interiors make for a compact city car that can comfortably seat four adults.
Speaking at the launch of the e2oPlus, Dr. Pawan Goenka, Executive Director, M&M Ltd. said, “As the pioneers in integrated and electric mobility solutions in India, it has always been our endeavour to make electric vehicles more accessible across segments. The launch of the e2oPlus is a defining moment in the electric mobility journey of Mahindra as it marks our foray into the mass market electric city car segment. The e2oPlus aptly represents our ‘Rise’ philosophy in action, as our development team delivered a city car that is poised to nurture a sustainable ecosystem and redefine the Future of Mobility”.
Pravin Shah, President & Chief Executive (Automotive), M&M Ltd & Director, Mahindra Electric mentioned, “The e2oPlus is a near perfect amalgam of the dramatic advancements in automotive technology, electronics and information technology, combined with minimal running costs. As a listening organisation, the e2oPlus has been evolved keeping in mind the feedback from our potential customers. I am confident that with its technologically advanced features, home charging facility, easy manoeuvrability and affordable ownership, the e2oPlus will soon be accepted as a mainstream car. There has never been a better time to embrace electric vehicles as it not only serves the purpose of a smart city car, but also fulfils the need to contribute positively to the environment.”
At the core of the e2oPlus is a collection of connected features that have been developed to make the car both easier and more enjoyable to drive and maintain. Whether it is planning a route, checking the health of the car, or remotely cooling the car, the e2oPlus seamlessly integrates technologies to offer functionality and is aptly designed for easy urban commuting.
The host of innovative features include remote diagnostics through telematics, connectivity through smart phone app, new and advanced infotainment system, regenerative braking, Hill Hold control for easy driving in hilly terrains, REVive® for reserve charge and automated messages amongst others.
Charging the e2oPlus is as simple as charging a mobile phone. Customers can choose between 4 trim levels (P2, P4, P6, P8) and 4 exciting colours namely Coral Blue, Sparkling Wine, Arctic Silver, Solid White.
Key features of e2oPlus
Hassle free drive
- Regenerative Braking – This revolutionary technology (first in India) charges the battery of e2oPlus every time its brakes are applied, helping the car literally recover the energy it dispenses.
- Instant Torque - In the absence of a heavy engine or moving parts lagging the power output, the e2oPlus provides an instant torque to zoom with maximum momentum from the very minute its engines are cranked.
- REVive® - REVive® is a first in the world feature by Mahindra Electric. On the rare occasion that the car runs low on energy, REVive® can be activated to gain an extra 5-10 kms of range, to help the user reach home or the nearest charging station.
- Easy Home Charging – The e2oPlus can be easily charged through any normal 16 Amp plug point, making it highly convenient and easy.
- Small Turning Radius – With a small turning radius of 4.35m and electric power steering, the e2oPlus makes maneuvering the tough city traffic highly easy.
- Hill Assist – This feature assists in preventing the e2oPlus from slipping backwards or forwards on a slope, making it accelerate without any jerks.
- Reverse Camera – It assists to spot blocks, gauge distances, and unravel blind spots making it easy and convenient to reverse.
- Compact yet spacious – The e2oPlus has been designed smart with ample knee room, headroom and cabin space, making it versatile for families of all sizes.
- Low running costs – At just 70p/km, the e2oPlus beats almost all other cars on running costs.
- Direct Drive Transmission – The e2oPlus operates without a conventional gear box - which means no clutch. This translates to reduced mechanical losses resulting in maximum efficiency.
- Depreciation benefits – Self-employed and businesses can avail tax savings of close to Rs. 1.6 lakhs on purchase of the e2oPlus in the first year itself.
- Low maintenance – Fewer moving parts in the car accompanied by real time monitoring by Mahindra experts ensure glitch free driving and low maintenance.
- Government incentives – Government offers tax exemptions, subsidies and incentives to ensure low purchasing cost for electric vehicles like the e2oPlus.
- Zero tail-pipe emissions
- Low carbon footprint
About Mahindra Electric
- Remote Diagnostics – The e2oPlus has 10 on-board computers that track around 196 performance and health related parameters to ensure that any possible snag is fixed as soon as it crops up.
- Regular Progress Reports – Car performance and driving patterns are analyzed to review the battery’s service requirements which help improve the vehicle’s overall performance.
- Charging Ports – The e2oPlus app informs on the nearest charging station in order to ensure a peaceful drive for the car through the city.
- Smart Phone app connectivity – The e2oPlus app puts the car’s information and control in one’s smart phone. It allows one to lock/unlock the car, retrieve performance metrics and health metrics and draw charging schedules.
Mahindra Electric, a part of the USD 17.8 million Mahindra Group is a global pioneer in the development and production electric vehicles. Mahindra Electric is India’s only EV manufacturer with indigenously developed EV technologies that have won global accolades. The Mahindra Group has one of the most diversified portfolio of electric vehicles with the e2oPlus hatch, the eVerito sedan and the eSupro mini van and panel vans.
Pushing the limits of technology and innovation, Mahindra has acknowledged the need to redefine mobility at every step. This lead to a vision with a desire to transform; a vision which provides an imagination which is more sustainable and more dependable. Venturing into the paradigm of alternative technology has helped Mahindra enable a clean, green and a smarter tomorrow.
The Mahindra Group focuses on enabling people to rise through solutions that power mobility, drive rural prosperity, enhance urban lifestyles and increase business efficiency.
A USD 17.8 billion multinational group based in Mumbai, India, Mahindra provides employment opportunities to over 200,000 people in over 100 countries. Mahindra operates in the key industries that drive economic growth, enjoying a leadership position in tractors, utility vehicles, information technology, financial services and vacation ownership. In addition, Mahindra enjoys a strong presence in the agribusiness, aerospace, components, consulting services, defence, energy, industrial equipment, logistics, real estate, retail, steel, commercial vehicles and two wheeler industries.
In 2015, Mahindra & Mahindra was recognized as the Best Company for CSR in India in a study by the Economic Times. In 2014, Mahindra featured on the Forbes Global 2000, a comprehensive listing of the world’s largest, most powerful public companies, as measured by revenue, profit, assets and market value. The Mahindra Group also received the Financial Times ‘Boldness in Business’ Award in the ‘Emerging Markets’ category in 2013.